Wednesday, October 6, 2010

These are a Few of My Favourite (Baby) Things

Based on the feedback I received on my Daily Deal websites post, I now know that I am not alone with my addiction.  It should be noted that I am currently going through a self-imposed rehab program to address this problem.  Apparently the credit card has suffered some irreversible damage and isn't ready to forgive me yet.  Until we reconcile our differences, I am going to avoid making any more impulsive purchases.  However, a really, really useful product could convince me otherwise but I am currently practicing a great deal of restraint.  At the very least, I have admitted my problem and I believe that's the first and most important step.  Okay, I really don't know much about rehab except that it's hard and it isn't working for Lindsay Lohan.  I also know that every movie I've seen about it starts with the addicted individual stating their name and confessing their problem.  I believe I've already done that so we can continue on now.

Since I am on a temporary hiatus from deal websites, I would like to cherish the things I have and share how wonderful they are with others.  I also plan on being honest if I didn't particularly like a product because not everything is rainbows and sunshine after all.  I am tired and it is late so there will be more to come in future blog posts..perhaps tomorrow if a certain little gaffer actually naps.

So, without further ado, here are some of my favourite baby things:

BabyLegs 
  • These are super cute leggings for babies and toddlers.  The company also makes tights and socks in addition to the BabyLegs that they are known for.  I have to admit that looking at their website was a lot of fun..they have some adorable Halloween and Christmas apparel that I didn't know existed.  
BabyLegs Tights

BabyLegs Leg Warmers

BabyLegs Socks

Taylor Joelle Ties
  • When I wanted something cute for Connor to wear to a wedding this summer, I discovered Taylor Joelle ties on BabySteals.com.   The Taylor Joelle company has a wide variety of baby products but their ties are my favourite.  FYI, they also have a "Weekly Hot Buy" on their website that I don't think a lot of people know about.

 Petunia Pickle Bottom Diaper Bags
  •  Even though I already had a diaper bag (or two), I really wanted a new one after I had my little girl.  For one, my Graco diaper bag had seen better days.  The strap had ripped off and the snap on the side of the bag somehow didn't snap anymore.  We still use it for swimming trips though and it is holding up well enough for occasional use.  My other diaper bag was the Nestle freebie so that one doesn't really count.  I "stole" the Petunia Pickle Bottom bag from BabySteals shortly after I had Aleena and I absolutely love it.  It is well-made, functional, roomy, and, most importantly, pretty.  I use it daily and it holds everything a mommy of two needs for a day trip.  I doubt I would have bought this diaper bag at regular price but it was very reasonable at half price.  Here's the gorgeous bag that I have.
Candied Ginger Shoulder Bag
Lollitops

So far, I've listed items that really have been useful.  I don't feel so bad!  I guess it's time to come clean and mention something that was totally frivolous but ridiculously cute.  My baby girl is going to look so sweet in these hats.




That's all I have the energy for tonight.  As I got going, I realized that I could probably do a post a week on this because the number of amazing baby things out there is almost endless.  That doesn't mean the amount of baby items I have is endless.  There is an end to it.  Really!  I just have yet to find it.

I will make an effort to write at least one post a week about some of my favourite things...mostly baby and toddler related since that's where my experience currently lies.  Perhaps sharing with others will be therapeutic for this recovering addict.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails