Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Skor Shortbread Cookies

So I've decided that chocolate bars and cookies are clearly a winning combination.  To stick with a good thing, I tried the Shortbread Meltaway recipe from the Robin Hood website which uses Skor toffee bits.  Thanks to Corri for letting me know about this recipe!  It was quick and easy to make.  I am developing a love-hate relationship with my KitchenAid mixer (aka Martha).  I love everything about her really...just hate that the process of making cookies has become so easy.  Time to start freezing instead of eating!

Shortbread Meltaways

Ingredients
1 cupunsalted butter, softened250 mL
1/2 cupicing sugar
125 mL
2 tspvanilla10 mL
1 3/4 cupsROBIN HOOD® All Purpose Flour425 mL
1/2 cupCANADA® Corn Starch125 mL
3/4 tspbaking powder3 mL
1/4 tspsalt1 mL
1 cupCHIPITS®*SKOR®* Toffee Bits250 mL

Preparation
PREHEAT oven to 350ºF (180ºC). Line cookie sheets with parchment paper.

BEAT butter, icing sugar and vanilla until creamy. In a separate bowl, combine flour, corn starch, baking powder and salt; stir half into butter mixture. Stir in toffee bits and remaining flour mixture.

ROLL heaping tablespoonfuls (15 mL) of dough into balls. Place on prepared cookie sheets, spacing about 2” (5 cm) apart.

BAKE in centre of preheated oven for 15 minutes or until lightly golden. Let cool on pan for 5 minutes. Dust with more icing sugar if desired.

Martha whipped up the dough in no time at all.
What the bag looks like for the Toffee pieces.  The recipe on the package also looks intriguing.
The cookie dough rolled up easily.
The yummy cookies ready to be eaten! 


Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory

11 comments:

  1. Ok we have the same ideas for cookies this Christmas, I just made these too! Try them dipped in chocolate, they're amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol Megan! We are just both going with the chocolate bars this year (and likely WB inspired recipes). :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shortbread and Skor Bars? Wow! Yum! I love it! I have a love/hate relationship with my Kitchenaid too. It makes delicious stuff WAY too easy to make!

    ReplyDelete
  4. these are on my list too but im going to be tossing in chopped skor bars and topping ea cookie with a mini skor ball. yum...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Janet- Halifax , Nova ScotiaFebruary 7, 2012 at 7:27 PM

    I just made these cookies tonight and they turned out AMAZING- my boyfriend is a chef who teaches culinary arts and he gave me an A+
    Thank you for sharing this great recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haha! Thanks for sharing. Love that a chef gives his approval. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. So yummy! Thanks for sharing, I had to freeze them all cause I couldn't stop eating them!

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are my go to BBQ dessert or party piece!! Easy to make and EVERYONE loves them!! If you start making them go careful as you will have requests forever more to make them!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love these cookies btw. But where on earth did you find cookie sheets with the markings on them?

    ReplyDelete
  10. these cookies are amazing. easy to make and everyone absolutely loves them. great recipe

    ReplyDelete
  11. Useful information shared.. I got good information to read this article, thanks for giving us nice info. Fantastic walk-through. I appreciate this post.
    breast feeding drinks

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails