Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Simply Delicious Rolo Cookies!

Here's another great cookie recipe.  Thanks to Jennifer for posting this one on the Facebook page.  I had lots of fun making these although my batch only yielded 34 cookies as compared to the 60 promised in the recipe so I think they are probably bigger than intended.  I guess I could have made them smaller but then it may have resulted in more leaky caramel mishaps as you will see in one of the photos below.  Nevertheless, these are delicious cookies and I'll be making these again in the future. To check out other recipes or add your own, we've got a Discussion Thread started up for Christmas Cookies on my Facebook Page.

Rolo Cookies
2 1/4 c. flour
3/4 c. cocoa
1 tsp. soda
1 c. sugar
1 c. packed brown sugar
1 c. butter, softened
2 tsp. vanilla
2 eggs
1 c. chopped nuts (your choice)
60 Rolo candies
4 tbsp. sugar

1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.

2. In small bowl, combine flour, cocoa, and soda; blend well.

3. In large bowl, beat sugars and butter until fluffy.

4. Add vanilla and eggs; beat well.

5. Slowly add flour mixture; blend well.

6. Stir in 1/2 cup nuts.

7. For each cookie with floured hands, shape about 1 tablespoon dough around caramel candy, covering completely.

8. In small bowl, combine 1/2 cup nuts and 4 tablespoons sugar.

9. Press one side of each ball into pecan mixture.

10.Place, nut side up, on ungreased sheet.

11. Bake at 375 degrees for 7 to 9 minutes. Cool slightly and remove from sheets.

60 cookies.
The stars of the show!
Martha did a great job of mixing up the dough again!
Cookies all rolled up and ready to be coated with nut/sugar mixture.
I had trouble getting the pecans to stick so I had to sort of stab them into the nut and sugar mixture. I ended up setting them on top the second batch.
I had a few leaky cookies...it didn't affect the taste but I guess you have to try getting the batter all around the chocolate.
Rolo cookies fresh out of the oven. Yummy!!

Make sure you enter the Alys & Felix giveaway by Friday! Click on the logo for details.

3 comments:

  1. I just made these too, I love them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those look pretty fab... I'll have to try them out! Thanks for posting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. mmm cookies...these are on my christmas giveaway list. I'm doing boxes of cookies for presents this year.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails