Friday, June 8, 2012

RPS Half Marathon

Passing other runners near the end!
This post is very late but I was waiting for photos and finally saw some this week.  I ran the RPS (Regina Police Service) half marathon on April 29th and was very happy to finish in 1:52:50.  I wasn't able to train as much as I wanted to but it was enough to have a good race and I finished strong which is always ideal.  I'd rather finish strong than struggle at the end because I pushed too hard early on.

I also posted some photos of my brother.  I think it's kind of funny how we are both passing people near the end of the race.  Clearly, competitiveness runs in the family.  That's what happens when you grow up with three older brothers like I did.

I am very happy to say that I've been running a lot lately and feel great.  I have been averaging around 25+ miles per week until this week as I acquired a cold from the kids.  Even I seem to get sick from daycare!  Fortunately, I don't feel terrible today and was able to run a 4 miler and test out my legs for a 10km race on Sunday.  I am doing the I Love Regina 10 km race and I am kind of excited about doing something shorter than a half marathon.  I just wish I was completely healthy but hopefully the race will go all right despite having a cold.

I am not sure which race I'll do after this one but I plan on running the QCM half marathon again for sure.  I am a bit concerned about being ready after our trip to Italy but I won't worry too much about that yet!  Hopefully, I can fit in a couple of training runs in Italy although I don't expect to.  On the upside, we'll be doing a lot of walking, hiking and pasta loading so that can't hurt!

Walking to the race - it was really, really cold!

Curt finishing strong!
Curt was much more photogenic on this race day.
Finishing up!  My time was actually 1:52:50. :-
My goal time for the 10 km on Sunday was to break 50 minutes but this cold has made me re-evaulate.  I will do my best not to get too down on myself if I don't reach my intended goal. I hate being sick and seem to get sick before every race I do.  I'll let you know how it goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails