Thursday, June 30, 2011

TGIS! (Thank Goodness It's Summer!)

Ready for Canada Day!
Just a quick post today to say how happy I am that this school "year" has come to an end.  Don't get me wrong.  I've enjoyed every moment and am appreciative of the time I've had to get to know many of the students I will continue to teach next year.  However, taking over a class more than halfway through a semester is a challenge to say the least.  It's not an ideal situation. 

Returning from maternity leave into any position poses its challenges.  You somewhat expect things to remain the same as when you left and yet that's not possible.  Yes, life did manage to move on without me.  On the upside, I felt a certain level of empowerment upon return to work as I am no longer a new teacher at my school.  In fact, I'll be one of the more experienced ones and that's kind of a nice feeling after changing schools for my first three years of teaching.  I've now been at the same school for four years and next year will be my fifth.  Of course, I spent a couple of those years on maternity leave but it's still been great to have one thing in my life stay fairly constant.

I also have a new perspective on my career.  I have new goals and plans that I am looking forward to achieving in the years to come.  I am excited to be back at work for a solid year next year so I can participate fully in my job and get more involved in some committees I've always wanted to join.  Of course, I will also be continuing on with my Master's studies in the fall which strangely starts before Labour Day according to the U of R website.  

So onto summer!  I am excited for Roughrider games, running, fishing, cabining (no tenting for me), golfing, reading, relaxing, cleaning (sad but true), and enjoying the lovely sunshine.

Also, it's not too late to enter some giveaways for The Great Canadian Blog Bash including my own!  The deadline to enter is tomorrow at midnight and all draws will be made this weekend.  Thanks for all the entries so far..it's been wonderful learning about all the fantastic Canadian mom bloggers out there.  You can click on the image below to be directed to my TGCBB post.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails