Tuesday, June 28, 2011

'A Sophisticated Mommy' Gets a Logo!

Thanks to Sarah Milne of Daffodil Design for creating my new blog logo.  It has been a work in progress for a while.  Things don't move very quickly with a couple of working mommies involved but we finally got it done and I am very happy with it!  I wanted a logo that was clean, simple and modern and I think we achieved that.  It also incorporates a couple of my favourites colours at the moment.  Actually, I never really liked green until we painted Aleena's room green and gave it pink accents and now I love the colour combination.

I had no idea how important a blog logo was until I kept being asked for one and didn't have one to share.  I could have made one quickly but thought I'd wait until I could actually reveal one that I really loved.  So, here's my new logo and colour scheme for my blog.  I hope everyone likes it!  I also just figured out how to add the Facebook, Twitter, and RSS buttons with links.  I am on a roll tonight!  I am not sure how much I love the other fonts or colours right now but it's a work in progress.  I think a blog is a lot like home decor and there is always some tweaking and re-designing necessary just to keep things fresh.

Look out for my blog logo on the internet and feel free to share it too!  At some point in the near future, I'll figure out how to make my blog button easy for anyone to grab and share.  I'm sure it's not difficult to do but it's yet another new thing I have to learn.

The only thing as exciting as my new blog logo is The Great Canadian Blog Bash where you can find new mom blogs to follow and enter lots of great giveaways which are open to Canadians only.  Here's my post featuring a giveaway from True Cuddles.  They are giving one lucky winner a $75 Prize Package of 'Cuddles' that will be customized to the winner.  If you click through to the blog post, you will find the link to all the other participating blogs.

1 comment:

Related Posts with Thumbnails