Sunday, March 6, 2011

"Saving Babies' Lives!" - Raising Money for the Z99 Radiothon


If you've heard the words 'Saving Babies' Lives' before, it could be because you are familiar with the Z99 radiothon which supports the NICU (Neonatal Intensive Care Unit) at the Regina General Hospital.  The Z99 radiothon has been supporting this special hospital unit for over ten years and will be raising money again this year on March 17-18th.  The proceeds from the 2011 Z99 Radiothon will help purchase Giraffe™ Omnibeds, overbed warmers and other essential equipment such as a blanket warmer and breast milk warmers.

No one really expects to need the NICU and our family was fortunate enough that neither of our children required a stay in the unit.  However, many babies spend time in the NICU, whether it's just for a few hours or sometimes for several days.  For expectant parents, it's reassuring to know that it's available and that babies will have the best chance at life even if things don't go as expected.

With that said, I would love to help raise some money for the NICU with the help of all the lovely mommies that read my blog!   There isn't a lot of time before the Radiothon so we need to act quickly to make this happen but I believe we can do it!  What I would like to do is have an online auction on my Facebook page.  I will post sponsors' items up for auction in a photo album and these items can be "purchased" with all proceeds going towards the Radiothon.  I am going to call Z99 on Monday to figure out the best way to arrange payments and issuance of tax donation receipts.

What I need to get this going are some donated items for the auction.  I will post photos to a photo album as I receive them so people can view what's going to be up for grabs.  My goal is to run the auction for 3-4 days starting late next week.  Obviously, the more sponsors and auction items we have, the more money we can raise so feel free to share this opportunity with anyone you think might be interested in participating.   Also, please be patient with me as this is my first attempt at doing this type of fundraiser so there may be some glitches along the way!

If you are interested in donating some items for the auction, please contact me via my Facebook Page or you can e-mail me at asophisticatedmommy@gmail.com.  

For more information about the Radiothon, you can check out their website.

Great news!  I've got a few sponsors lined up already but would love more.   Thanks to the following businesses for volunteering to contribute so far! 

Baby Chunky Cheeks - Regina, SK
Butterfly Bows - Darmouth, Nova Scotia
Something Sassy tutus and more - Warman, SK
Alys & Felix - Christchurch, New Zealand
Kenna's Kreations - Regina, SK
Little Threads by Rebecca - Hamilton, Ontario
Off the Hook Creations - Regina, SK
Rooted Instincts Services & Emporium - Regina, SK
Knits & Knots by Trista Miller - Regina, SK
Tupperware by Kathleen Eisler - Regina, SK
Perfect Image Photography - Regina, SK 
GurlyStuff... and more - Guelph, Ontario
A Balanced Approach Therapy Centre - Regina, SK
Baby Bliss Designs - Regina, SK
AlligatorSnaps - Toronto, Ontario

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails